Bike Repair Workshop Sthlm

Välkommen till FIXEDGEAR.SE!
dambxl

Bike Repair Workshop Sthlm

Post by dambxl » 08 Mar 2011 15:45

Hi everyone,

I know that (almost) none of you knows me. I arrived in Sthlm last Autumn & all that snow sure didn't help to get in touch with you guys!

In any cases, on Friday, May 13th I'd like to build up a bike repair workshop at Stockholm University. Something like where 1/2 guys who know how to do everything on bikes would like to explain & show people how to do the same. The idea is that anybody can bring his/her bike and repair it his/herself with the help of someone for free.

In Brussels, there's already that (you can even come up with your old lemon frame & give it a new life, fixed or not) 2 days/week & it goes pretty smooth !! Here it'd be just for one day and it'd be within an entire week of events about a more sustainable way of living.

So here comes my question : is there anybody who'd like to help? I'll be there myself but I know shit about gears ...etc :D I'm looking for both guys & tools borrowing. I know it's a weekday & it's maybe a lot to ask but if we're a few of us, it can get fun + there'll be logically a free food picnic around the workshop & I'm from Belgium so no way I'll organise anything without beers !!! Ok I stop here, cause I feel like marketing, but guys, please just think about it and let me know if you're interested :)

See you around maybe, now that the snow's melting.
Cheers.
Damien.

dambxl

Re: Bike Repair Workshop Sthlm

Post by dambxl » 11 Apr 2011 21:56

Last try before giving-up, anybody interested?

swe3702

Post by swe3702 » 11 Apr 2011 23:03

Man, sounds like a great idea! I'm not good enough to help organize it, but I'd sure visit it!

Fonster

Post by Fonster » 12 Apr 2011 15:42

This sounds like a great idea!
I'm not a mechanic and know nothing about gears but I do know a little about building fixed bikes. But I will most def check it out!

_axel

Post by _axel » 12 Apr 2011 17:02

Great idea, if I can I'll come hang out after work.

dambxl

Post by dambxl » 28 Apr 2011 16:02

In the end, Cykloteket's coming to set the whole thing up. But thanks anyway for your answers ;)

If you want to check it up, it'll be on Frescati campus, on Friday May 13th, from 12 to 18 !
See you there.

dambxl

Post by dambxl » 13 May 2011 00:20

Again, I must say, it is tomorrow the bike repair workshop at the University/Frescati from 12 to 6. If you just got your fixed (or unfixed) bike and wanna learn how to repair basic stuff, or just if it needs reparation, it'll be for free so ...