Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Frågor och tips om mek med din cykel.
Post Reply
User avatar
Freeza
Posts: 89
Joined: 06 Mar 2015 20:25

Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by Freeza » 23 Apr 2016 23:04

I feel like it should be right under my nose but I don't seem to find where it's sold.

I'm starting to wonder if it has a different name here, as I noticed at Clas Ohlson they have what appears to be Red loctite but it's called something else.

thanks!

User avatar
grangeyard
Posts: 1522
Joined: 04 May 2013 10:19
Location: Uppsala City yo

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by grangeyard » 24 Apr 2016 08:27

Give these guys a call:

08-544 44 980
Västberga allé 1
126 30 Hägersten
vastberga@rotera.se

Is it "222" (Gänglåsning/Threadlocker)(common here) you were looking at?

"LOCTITE®
222 is designed for the locking and sealing of
threaded fasteners which require easy disassembly with
standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the
absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and
prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration.
Particularly suitable for applications such as adjustment of
set screws, small diameter or long engagement length
fasteners, where easy disassembly is required without
shearing the screw. The thixotropic nature of LOCTITE® 222 reduces the migration of liquid product after application to the substrate.

Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing. Recommended for: Use on metal fasteners 1/4” (6 mm) to 3/4” (19 mm) in diameter such as bolts on small engines, swing sets and furniture."

User avatar
Freeza
Posts: 89
Joined: 06 Mar 2015 20:25

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by Freeza » 24 Apr 2016 09:22

grangeyard wrote:Give these guys a call:

08-544 44 980
Västberga allé 1
126 30 Hägersten
vastberga@rotera.se

Is it "222" (Gänglåsning/Threadlocker)(common here) you were looking at?

"LOCTITE®
222 is designed for the locking and sealing of
threaded fasteners which require easy disassembly with
standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the
absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and
prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration.
Particularly suitable for applications such as adjustment of
set screws, small diameter or long engagement length
fasteners, where easy disassembly is required without
shearing the screw. The thixotropic nature of LOCTITE® 222 reduces the migration of liquid product after application to the substrate.

Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing. Recommended for: Use on metal fasteners 1/4” (6 mm) to 3/4” (19 mm) in diameter such as bolts on small engines, swing sets and furniture."
I'm looking for the Threadlocker Blue 242 one. As i want to apply it to the drev and lockring and be able to remove them if necessary with normal tools.

I see Rotera does not have a store in stockholm, are they some kind of suppliers?
I´ll drop them an e-mail anyhow :) baybe they know where I can find in in stockholm. Bottom line there's always Amazon.

thanks!

even
Posts: 173
Joined: 30 May 2012 20:57
Location: Stockholm

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by even » 24 Apr 2016 10:08

Rotera does have a store in Västberga (in Stockholm municipality). And they do have a cabinet full of Loctite products. They should have threadlocker.

Otherwise, any hardware store worth their name, should carry it. I bought a bottle of 243 at Flinks Järn on Kungsholmen approx a year ago.

User avatar
ravelax
Posts: 3927
Joined: 14 Aug 2011 20:18
Location: Uppsala

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by ravelax » 24 Apr 2016 10:33

For the drev and lockring I use regular grease, it works fine as long as you make sure to tighten properly. Never had an issue with the drev slipping. I don't see what the benefit of using loctite instead would be.

User avatar
grangeyard
Posts: 1522
Joined: 04 May 2013 10:19
Location: Uppsala City yo

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by grangeyard » 24 Apr 2016 10:39

ravelax wrote:For the drev and lockring I use regular grease, it works fine as long as you make sure to tighten properly. Never had an issue with the drev slipping. I don't see what the benefit of using loctite instead would be.
+1
Freeza wrote:I'm looking for the Threadlocker Blue 242 one. As i want to apply it to the drev and lockring and be able to remove them if necessary with normal tools.

Why would one need Loctite for that? The lockring counteracts the c-o-g. Nothing new under the sun.

User avatar
Freeza
Posts: 89
Joined: 06 Mar 2015 20:25

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by Freeza » 24 Apr 2016 15:24

I actually ruined a hub because of a loose lock ring (there's another post on the forum regarding that)

Long story short, for some reason, no idea why, I got my drev and ring a bit lose and stopped at a bikeshop I found. The guy had no idea what he was doing, and tightened the lock BEFORE the drev. Shredded the hub's threads.

I've only noticed it back home... making me epoxy the shit out of it because the repair would cost me more than the wheel (china carbon).

Anyways, now I'm considering installing the new hub and because of that experience I ended up doubting the lock ring effectiveness and just want to make sure it doesn't get lose again.

But from your comments it seems like it's something I shouldn't be worried about.

Nobody
Posts: 125
Joined: 05 Aug 2008 11:39

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by Nobody » 25 Apr 2016 22:58

Blue loctite has a red bottle.

Check the product #

:)

wressus
Posts: 400
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 22:44
Location: Malmö

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by wressus » 11 May 2016 14:00

Biltema is your friend. They have a big bottle that lasts forever, and is cheap.

User avatar
måns
Posts: 1017
Joined: 12 Jun 2009 14:34
Location: sthlm

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by måns » 12 May 2016 13:59

Did you..

http://204.73.203.34/fisso/eng/schpignone.htm

?

Clean threads. Grease. As soon as you have dirt and stuff in between the hub, drev and lockring you risk stuff coming loose. It doesn't take much. Toothbrush->Grease->Rotafix and it won't come off. But maybe you already know this.

User avatar
Freeza
Posts: 89
Joined: 06 Mar 2015 20:25

Re: Where to get Loctite Blue in Stockholm?

Post by Freeza » 21 May 2016 17:58

Thanks m8.

Actually I did locked it a few times like that.

My guess is also dirt. I can't find another reason why it would come loose in the first place.

måns wrote:Did you..

http://204.73.203.34/fisso/eng/schpignone.htm

?

Clean threads. Grease. As soon as you have dirt and stuff in between the hub, drev and lockring you risk stuff coming loose. It doesn't take much. Toothbrush->Grease->Rotafix and it won't come off. But maybe you already know this.

Post Reply