New to Stockholm

Resereportage och tips på ställen att besöka!
Gedigedi

New to Stockholm

Post by Gedigedi » 27 Oct 2010 18:30

Hey!

I'm new to the forum here and had just registered. Sometime in the next few months I will be moving to Stockholm from Chicago. I've spent some time previously in Sweden and really enjoyed it. Now I'm just confused on where to start, I need to look for a job and find the right people to get involved in Stockholms bike culture. Previously I've also lived in Glasgow and been intensely involved in the UK's and US Bike Polo Scene. How is Bike Polo over in Stockholm ? I've seen the court before and the size appears to be good. Is there anyone on this board that plays often and is a key member ? I'd like to get some or any advice from you guys about it and I am also planning on trying to get a job as a bike mechanic somewhere in the city. Is that easy to to ? I have previous experience and blah blah blah... I'm just curious as to what you guys are upto and how it's like.

Thanks!

- Gedi.
SONS OF SATAN

klasolsson

Re: New to Stockholm

Post by klasolsson » 28 Oct 2010 07:10

Hey man and welcome to Sweden (soon)!

Just moved here myself and the bike scene is quite big. We just started the Thursday Rides, where we meet up at 6pm and just go for a ride downtown. At least one beer stop is mandatory.

We do play polo, even though the interest is kinda cool at the moment. Usually we are like 4-6 players and we try to play every sunday at like 2pm.

Again, welcome to Sweden and Stockholm!

Fredde

Post by Fredde » 28 Oct 2010 16:28

Every Thirsday we ride MTB in the wood. The trails are really good.

/Fredde

dambxl

Post by dambxl » 12 Nov 2010 16:50

Hey,
I also just moved to Stockholm from Brussels and i'd like to pass by when you play polo or to join you for ride n beer one day, but where do you actually meet?

Thanks.
damien.

klasolsson

Post by klasolsson » 14 Nov 2010 02:07

dambxl wrote:Hey,
I also just moved to Stockholm from Brussels and i'd like to pass by when you play polo or to join you for ride n beer one day, but where do you actually meet?

Thanks.
damien.
Hey Damien,

We usually go for Thursday rides at 6pm. We meet up at S:t Eriksplan, u know where that is? This week we rode maybe a total of 10kms and managed to stop twice for beer.

Check the main thread in the "Forum", called "Torsdagsrundor Sthlm" for more info.

See ya!

// Klas

dambxl

Post by dambxl » 17 Nov 2010 17:53

Thanks a lot. Yeah i know where it is. I guess then i'll just show up tomorrow.

klasolsson

Post by klasolsson » 18 Nov 2010 07:38

Hey, not sure if I can make it out tonight. Gotta get my shit fixed before going to the velodrome in Falun tomorrow.